In this guide you will explore:
- Obligations of Energy Boards
- FTC and Fair Information principle requirements
- Smart Grid Data Protection Requirements
- Employee Privacy in the Energy Space
- Federal and state law requirements
In recent years, news of massive data breaches has become almost commonplace. We are witnessing an unprecedented increase in cyberattacks, with energy utilities and the smart grid in particular under threat.
For directors and their boards, compliance is a vital aspect of governance. Utility boards and management focus attention on NERC’s Critical Infrastructure Protection Reliability Standard. Traditionally “Security” meant securing energy management system or EMS. With the recent regulations it also means securing personal data.