Consent Management in Ontario
Depending on the type of personal health information (PHI) involved, Ontarians can withdraw consent to the use and disclosure of their PHI by various health information networks.
- Calling Service Ontario allows you to:
Block access to all personal health information used in Ontario labs.
- Calling Service Ontario – Ministry of Health Info-line, you can ask to:
Block access to the use of all personal health information:
(a) In the drugs database
(b) Related to a specific drug in the database
- Visiting an Ontario lab, you can ask to:
Block access to the use of all personal health information used:
(a) In Ontario labs
(b) In a specific lab order
- Sending a fax to the Drug Programs Branch allows you to:
Block access to all personal health information:
(a) In the Drugs Database
(b) Related to a particular prescription
(c) Related to a particular drug
- Any hospital, clinic, or independent healthcare practitioner should be able to give you a form that you can send to the Service Ontario Ministry of Health info-line.